Sunday, March 15, 2009

Great Great Great Weekend


We had an awesome, powerful weekend as my good good good friend Heather and her family were sealed to their two youngest daughters Katie and London. They are now an Eternal Family of 7. When we moved to Selah over 10 years ago they had no children and I have celebrated and prayed and cried right along with them as they one by one have adopted their 5 children, each child comes with its own story. Katie and London are biological sisters and they were so darling at the sealing, Katie knew exactly what was going on and folded her arms and was bright eyed and so reverant and in tune, the temple sealer was amazing, he said "this is tender and perhaps we shouldn't say anything and just watch" The power that was felt is indescribable yet at the same time a very very familar heightend feeling. My whole day felt powerful, I went home to a big "to do list" and a husband who was gone the rest of the day and I was able to do everything with ease. The power that we feel changes us as President Hinckley said "every time we walk out of the temple we are better" I am so grateful to Heather she is a strength to me, she bails me out of everything, I love her like a sister.
p.s. it was super windy and cold...

5 comments:

Anger said...

I'm so happy for her! That is so exciting.

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Thanks for the wonderful post! Gail was so excited for their big day. Congratulations to wonderful Heather and her beautiful family. There is nothing sweeter than children being sealed to their parents! Take care.

Sarady said...

What a great post. I almost cried, actually. This is a great picture of their family and Heather looks beautiful.

Sarah

Hayley's Comment said...

I remember Heather as a young newly married bride when she came to Selah and was my teacher in Mia Maids! She was always my favorite! And I looked up to her so much, I should probably tell her that. I love going to sealings with children. That is what made me want to serve a mission in the first place actually! Families are together forever. What a beautiful family. and London is one of my favorite names of all time!

Wallace Family said...

That's awesome! tell Heather I said hello!

Cierra Ashley ( I LOVE it)

About Me

My photo
Selah, WA, United States
Just another Smith Family!

Cierra Ashley ( I love it!)